Funded by Dr. Pat Zukow and CSW supporters, the Center
for the Study of Women awards a set of grants that are available only to CSW
Research Affiliates. Honoring the memory of a writer who documented the
silences imposed on women by family and work responsibilities and financial
need, the Tillie Olsen Grants provide funding to support exceptional research
and projects by CSW Research Affiliates.
Up to three $750 grants per yearDeadline:
Monday, May 7, 2018Criteria:
- Only CSW Research Affiliates may apply
- Grants may be used to support participation in scholarly conferences, travel to research sites, purchase of specialized research materials, or procurement of technical services
- Expenses must be incurred from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018
- Applications will be evaluated on the basis of the quality of the project and/or financial need
- Research Affiliates may apply in successive or multiple years.
- Recipients are required to
1) write a blog post about their research activities for the CSW website and 2)
acknowledge CSW in all publications resulting from this project
The application requires the documents listed below.
- Research Project Abstract (maximum 2 single-spaced pages)
- Itemized Budget (1 page describing how funds will be used)
- Supporting Documents (quotes/invoices)
of Budget Items (e.g., if airfare, provide copy of airfare prices if ticket is
not yet purchased)
- Curriculum Vitae
Only complete applications will be considered. CSW must receive all required documents no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Monday, May 7, 2018.