Made possible through the generosity of Mrs. Jean Stone,
this fellowship funds an exceptional graduate student dissertation research
project focusing on women and gender.
One $3000 fellowshipDeadline:
Monday, April 2, 2018Criteria:
- Applicant must be engaged in research on women and/or gender
- Applicant must be registered in a doctoral program at UCLA
- Applicant must be advanced to candidacy by award application deadline
- Awardee will
be honored at the CSW Awards Reception at UCLA in May/June 2018. Attendance is
- Students who
are qualified under the CA Dream Act of 2011 are eligible to apply. Find
detailed information on the Dream Act at www.financialaid.ucla.edu.
- Applicants receiving
financial aid are advised to consult with the Financial Aid Office about the
potential effect of this award on their financial aid package.
The application requires the documents listed below.
- Dissertation Abstract or Proposal (maximum 5 single-spaced pages)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial UCLA Transcripts
- Two Letters of Recommendation from faculty members of any university
Letters of Recommendation
Letters of recommendation should be uploaded via Submittable. Applicants will list the recommender's email address in the form and an email will be sent (once the application is submitted) via Submittable to the recommender with instructions on uploading.
If the recommender encounters difficulties uploading letters to Submittable, they may send it directly to email@example.com with the name of the student and award for which they are applying.
Only complete applications will be considered. CSW must receive all required documents, including letters of recommendations, no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Monday, April 2, 2018.