The Center for the Study of
Women offers grants to all faculty for research development, new project
development that may lead to external funding opportunities through CSW, and
project completion that could be considered for CSW publications (policy
briefs, research reports).
Preference will be given to junior
faculty and projects that link to CSW’s current research projects (e.g.,
Feminism and the Senses, Food Water Shelter, Chemical Entanglements). For more
information regarding CSW’s current research projects, visit here.
Ranges from $1500-$3000
Monday, May 8, 2017Criteria
- UCLA faculty can apply for support of research
projects on gender, sexuality, and/or women's issues.
- Faculty are not eligible to receive a Faculty
Research Grant (formerly known as Faculty Development Grant) within three years
of their receipt of an earlier one.
- Recipients must agree to the following
- Submit a final report describing the project
- Acknowledge CSW in all public informational
materials and publications resulting from the grant
- Collaborate with
CSW’s Publications Unit to prepare an article or blog post for a CSW publication
- Provide a
service to CSW from the following options: 1) Serve on an awards committee; 2)
Moderate a panel at the Thinking Gender
Conference; or 3) Present research findings in a public forum sponsored by
CSW (if needed)
The application requires the following documents:
- Research Proposal (maximum 3
single-spaced description that includes the title and an explanation of
the proposed research)
- Itemized Budget (1 page describing how funds will be used)
- Supporting Documents (quotes/invoices) of Budget Items (e.g., if airfare, provide copy of airfare prices if ticket is not yet purchased)
- Curriculum Vitae
Only complete applications will be considered. CSW must receive all required documents no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Monday, May 8, 2017.