Funded through donations from
friends and supporters of the Center for the Study of Women, travel grants
assist graduate and undergraduate UCLA students with travel expenses related to
academic or professional conference presentations and field research on women,
gender, and sexuality.
$400 maximum (award amount varies)Deadline:
Monday, April 24, 2017Criteria:
- Awardees will be selected on the basis of merit
- Awardees must
be registered UCLA students and preferably a woman. Awardees must also be
registered during the quarter when travel occurs and when the reimbursement is
processed. For summer, students must be enrolled in the preceding spring
quarter and subsequent fall or winter quarters.
- Travel must be for research or a conference pertaining to women, gender, and sexuality.
- For conference travel, awardee must provide evidence that the paper was delivered at a conference
- CSW reimburses the awardee only after receiving original (hard copy) receipts for eligible travel expenses
- Travel for the spring grant must occur on or between January
1, 2017 and June 30, 2017
- Awardees will
be honored at the CSW Awards Reception at UCLA in May/June 2017. Attendance is
- The Center for the Study of Women cannot reimburse travel to states on the law AB 1887 prohibited list. Law AB 1887 prohibits state-funded travel to a state that has passed a law that (1) authorizes discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or (2) voids or repeals existing state or local protections against such discrimination. For more information, visit https://oag.ca.gov/ab1887. If your travel includes a state on this list, we cannot consider your application for the grant.
- Students who
are qualified under the CA Dream Act of 2011 are eligible to apply. Find
detailed information on the Dream Act at www.financialaid.ucla.edu.
- Applicants receiving
financial aid are advised to consult with the Financial Aid Office about the
potential effect of this award on their financial aid package.
The application requires the documents listed below:
Letter of Recommendation
- Abstract of research project or conference paper (maximum 2 single-spaced pages)
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Unofficial UCLA Transcripts
- One Letter of Recommendation from
a faculty member familiar with the research for which you are applying
The letter of recommendation should be uploaded via Submittable. Applicants will list the reference's email address in the form and an email will be sent (once the application is submitted) via Submittable to the recommender with instructions on uploading.
Only complete applications will be considered. CSW must receive all required documents, including the letter of recommendation, no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Monday, April 24, 2017.