This award will help fund a promising law or graduate student’s research focusing on women and the law with preference given to research on women in the criminal/legal justice system. It is made possible through the generosity of Mrs. Jean Stone to honor her daughter, Paula Stone.
Amount: One $3000 fellowship
Deadline: Monday, March 29, 2021
- Applicant must be registered in a graduate program (such as JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or master's) at UCLA during the quarters when the application is due and when award payment is made
- Applicant must be pursuing independent research, the results of which are suitable for publication as an academic article or book
- Co-authored submissions are eligible for this award with the following stipulations:
- The first author(s) must be a graduate student(s).
- Applications may be submitted either by the main/first author of a co-authored paper or by two or more co-authors of a paper where they share equal authorship.
- For papers with faculty or postdoctoral fellow co-authors, the graduate student applicant must be the first or main author.
- All co-authored submissions must complete the Percentage of Work Form as part of the application. The applicant(s) and the faculty advisor for the project must sign the form.
- Only applicants (if authors include faculty or postdoctoral fellows) are eligible to receive the award and corresponding award payment.
- Awardee(s) will be honored at the CSW Awards Celebration at UCLA in May/June 2021. Attendance is highly encouraged.
- Students who are qualified under the CA Dream Act of 2011 are eligible to apply. Find detailed information on the Dream Act at www.financialaid.ucla.edu.
- Applicants receiving financial aid are advised to consult with the Financial Aid Office about the potential effect of this award on their financial aid package.
The application requires the documents listed below.
- Research Project Abstract or Proposal (maximum 5 single-spaced pages, including works cited)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial UCLA Transcripts (with most recent coursework)
- Two Letters of Recommendation from faculty members of any university
- For co-authored submissions, the Percentage of Work Form (signed by the applicant(s) and faculty advisor for the project)
Letters of Recommendation
Letters of Recommendation should be uploaded via Submittable. Applicants will list the recommender's email address in the form and an email will be sent (once the application is submitted) via Submittable to the recommender with instructions on uploading.
If the recommender encounters difficulties uploading letters to Submittable, they may send it directly to email@example.com with the name of the student and award for which they are applying.
Only complete applications will be considered. CSW must receive all required documents, including letters of recommendations, no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Monday, March 29, 2021.