Made possible through the generosity of Dr. Barbara "Penny" Kanner, the Penny Kanner Dissertation Research Fellowship funds an exceptional dissertation research project that pertains to women or gender that uses historical materials and methods.
Amount: One $3000 fellowship
Deadline: Monday, April 1, 2019
- The object of study may derive from the social sciences, literature, or the arts
- Applicant must be registered in a doctoral program at UCLA
- Dissertation prospectus must pertain to women and/or gender
- Research must use historical materials
- Awardee will be honored at the CSW Awards Reception at UCLA in May/June 2019. Attendance is highly encouraged.
- Students who are qualified under the CA Dream Act of 2011 are eligible to apply. Find detailed information on the Dream Act at www.financialaid.ucla.edu.
- Applicants receiving financial aid are advised to consult with the Financial Aid Office about the potential effect of this award on their financial aid package.
The application requires the documents listed below.
- Dissertation Abstract or Proposal (maximum 5 single-spaced pages, including works cited)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial UCLA Transcripts
- Two Letters of Recommendation from faculty members of any university
Letters of Recommendation
Letters of recommendation should be uploaded via Submittable. Applicants will list the recommender's email address in the form and an email will be sent (once the application is submitted) via Submittable to the recommender with instructions on uploading.
If the recommender encounters difficulties uploading letters to Submittable, they may send it directly to email@example.com with the name of the student and award for which they are applying.
Only complete applications will be considered. CSW must receive all required documents, including letters of recommendations, no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Monday, April 1, 2019.